Penang in northern Malaysia, it was named for many betel nut trees on it. Penang was originally a desert island, only the pirates in the stranger. To the end of the 18th century by the British east India company French captain found that loan and to play the Sudan, and made this step by step development into left and right sides. 85% are Chinese on Penang, and the rest is a native Indian and Malay, Hokkien dialect is very popular here. Capital of Penang, also known as “city of Georgia” or “Georgetown”, is located in the northeast side of Penang, Malaysia’s largest international free port the second largest city and the country. Penang is full of colorful religious and cultural characteristics, the state museum, museum of art, buddhist temples, and mosques throughout the island, reflects the many national common development since the 18th century, the brilliant history of this beautiful island. Penang was full of vegetation lush, beautiful scenery, the hotel building, distinctive flavor snack rich variety. Here are duty free goods, the price is quite cheap. From Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok have flights to Penang. By train from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on the other side of the north sea, then change to the crossing or bus over the sea to Penang. The main tourist attractions:
- The Penang hill Also called the flag-raising mountain, Penang topography is the top, elevation 830 meters. Cable-car is below, on the top of the mountain, can not only panoramic view overlooking the Penang, considerable also see from the straits of Malacca between all kinds of ships. The top of the hill with sightseeing, leisure facilities, Penang is an important tourist destination.
- Bliss temple is located in the flag-raising mountain, built around the mountain, is divided into three layers, has been hailed as one of the most majestic buddhist temple in southeast Asia. In Temple the Kang YouWei calligraphy “don’t forget the old country” and “qing guangxu thirty-three years butyl not give Penang city mountain bliss temple temple rules” plaques. Thousands of buddhist pagodas temple is the most magnificent buildings, 30 meters high tower, is divided into seven levels, is a blend of Thailand, the construction characteristic of China and Myanmar, each layer to worship Buddha.
- The snake temple, also called the Qinglong temple, located in Penang hole sunset road, 14 kilometers southeast of about 1.6 km from the airport. He was the snake temple is the original worship water, called Xing Fu Don, because there are many green snake coiled, also known as the snake temple, the temple of the pillars, candlestick, incense burner, statues everywhere on the snake, but the snake doesn’t hurt people. They are crawling around in the evening to devour the believers in the eggs.It is said to be around 1795, green snake steal into the temple to eat the food of pilgrims worship, and not to drive to get more and more. The elderly more than a metre (locals call it “dragon”), those small one such as earthworms, plate down to a shrine, table sweetmeats, candlestick, vases, beams, a terrorist. These green snakes are poisonous snakes, but seemed to be trained. They are inactivity during the day, and not harm a person. Just arrived in the dead of night, polite attitude aside, and wolf down leave offerings, it is said that a snake can swallow 70 eggs a day. Believers say the snake is the Buddha influence. In fact the snake was incense for a long time and becomes sluggish, can only rely on for food to survive, completely lost the ability to survive in the wild. From a biological standpoint, this is a degradation phenomenon.
- Mainly distributed in the northern Penang holiday beach, continues from Dan Rong Wu Ya to Bardo Ding Yi, 11 kilometers to white beaches, all the year round can enjoy the pleasure of paddle frolic in the waves. Dan Velvet Wu said derisively called “flower head”.
- Cornwallis’s castle Located at the beach, was built in 1808, to commemorate the French captain of the British east India company. The castle walls tall, big guns pointing to Malacca, who had served as defense fortress. Here has a tall masts of shape beacon, for ships navigation at night.